About South Florida Elder Law Attorney, Alice Reiter Feld

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When Your Dad Turns 90

My Dad just turned 90 years old.  He is sharp as a tack and despite being overweight and having a slew of health problems, eats ham, bacon or sausages every day.  At 80 I stopped telling him what to eat.  I figured he gotten this far without my help.

He and my mom have a full time aide and so I am personally familiar with everything my clients are experiencing.  My dad has been in the hospital and rehab, my mother broke her hip 2 years ago. 

During a recent visit by my son, Dad asked his grandson to try on his army uniform from WW2.   As you can see from this photo, dad has gained some weight over the years.  However, what he has also gained is insight into his years of service.  He would never talk about it when I was growing up but with my son, he is very open. (Grandchildren can get anything!).  We found out that my father was in the units right behind the ones that liberated one of the camps.  He also has some fun stories that he very much likes to share.


To learn more about the Elder Care services that we provide under the
Elder Law Umbrella,
call The Law Offices of Alice Reiter Feld and Associates
at 954.726.6602 or
visit www.florida-elderlaw.com

And additional links that offer other useful information FREE, brought to you by
The Law Offices of Alice Reiter Feld and Associates:

www.southfloridamemorylawyer.com
www.medicaidcrisislawyers.com/reiterfeld
www.learnvabenefits.com/reiterfeld
www.estateandlonglifeplan.com/reiterfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment