About South Florida Elder Law Attorney, Alice Reiter Feld

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Very Uncivil War

April 12th marks the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War. I’ve been a student of the civil war since I got hooked on “Gone With the Wind” at age 13.  

Did you know that this war is often called the second American Revolution and that it changed our government from “these United States” to “the United States?

At the 100th anniversary, our country was in the middle of a civil rights crisis.  Now, 50 years later, we can perhaps for the first time, look again at the Civil War through mature eyes, and what we were taught in grade school about what this war was really all about.

You may be asking, “What does this have to do with Elder Law?”  The answer is nothing!  I just wanted to share a side of myself that you may not have known about.  
I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, since there are not too many people in my life who want to discuss the Civil War!

P.S.  OK, I can’t resist….When it comes to planning for long term care needs and estate planning DO NOT adopt Scarlett O’Hara’s mantra, “I won’t think about this today, I’ll think about it tomorrow.”


No comments:

Post a Comment