About South Florida Elder Law Attorney, Alice Reiter Feld

Friday, June 21, 2013

The Only Constant In Life... Is Change

I wish I could have been the one who said it. Alas, I was beaten by about 2,600 years...by a Greek professor named Heraclitus. But, after moving my office from Tamarac to Coral Springs (1829 N. University Drive), I've been doing a lot of thinking about change. 

Think moving your home is traumatic? Try moving 34 years' worth of files, along with the usual desks, sofas, chairs, computers, copiers, printers, and assorted other office equipment.

It was a bit emotional for me. After all, we'd been in Tamarac for 25 years! During the official moving day on Friday - and during the 16-hour days organizing the new office over the weekend - I occasionally thought about just how right Heraclitus was.

We consider our move a positive change. Nonetheless, other than the deaths of both my parents over the past eight months, it was the most stressful thing I've done in many years. But, even though the move is now in my rear-view mirror, I'm still thinking about change. 

After all, many of my clients are dealing with change...often, change that isn't good. Many are dealing with illness. Or concerns over whether they'll outlive their money. Or uncomfortable family situations due to change. And many are simply dealing with the fear of change.

But we have to learn - all of us - to deal with change. And we have to learn, also, to move on and accept it. Just ask Heraclitus.

I take great pride - and personal satisfaction - in the fact that we've been helping families deal with change for 34 years. And in the fact that we've helped them prepare financially for the changes that come with aging.

At the Law Offices of Alice Reiter Feld & Associates, we've helped thousands of South Florida families prepare for - and navigate - change. We've helped them with comprehensive estate planning, wills, trusts, powers of attorney, long-term care planning, asset-protection plans, and assistance with Medicaid and the VA...and with answers to their questions. 

We can help your family navigate change, too. And we're just a phone call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment