About South Florida Elder Law Attorney, Alice Reiter Feld

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Medicaid Crisis: I've Just Got To Get This One Off My Chest...Before I Explode!!

Ever feel like you're going to explode if you don't get something off your chest - NOW??

Well, that's how I feel as I'm writing this. And that's why I'm writing this.

I've been in the practice of Elder Law for 33 years. During that time, my office has crafted wills, trusts, Powers of Attorney, long-term care and assisted living plans, Medicaid and VA assistance plans, asset protection plans...basically, plans to protect my clients as they age. But just when you think you've heard it all...just when you think it's no longer possible to be surprised...it happens.

Someone will say to me, "I just heard about your team of Medicaid Crisis Lawyers. Is it true we didn't need to spend our life savings on nursing-home care?"

It used to make me cry when I heard that. Now, though, it sometimes makes me want to scream. Because...Yes, it's true. They didn't need to spend their life savings on nursing-home care!

How do I answer a question like that, when it's breaking my heart...and when I know my answer will break theirs?

"Yes, it's too late," I say, and then I mumble something about doing the best we can. Then I hang up...and hang my head. Because another senseless tragedy could have been avoided.

And I think to myself, "But why are they calling me now? Why didn't they call me before they spent their life savings?"


Had they done so, I could have spared them the pain. I could have shown them how to protect themselves, and to preserve their hard-earned assets. I could have shown them how to qualify for Medicaid...without having to "spend down" their money.

There are steps you can take, too! You don't have to become one of those sad should-have, would-have, could-have cases where the family is bled dry by years of nursing-home care for a loved one.

At The Law Offices of Alice Reiter Feld & Associates, we're Elder Law attorneys...and our practice focuses solely on estate planning, wills, trusts, Powers of Attorney, Medicaid planning, VA assistance, long-term care planning, and preserving our clients' assets.

We can protect what you've taken a lifetime to build...so you won't be burdened until the day you die by "should-haves." And we're only a phone call away.


The Medicaid Crisis: I've Just Got To Get This One Off My Chest...Before I Explode!!

No comments:

Post a Comment